Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

What's for Dinner?




I was starting to doubt myself about my CURRENT WEIGHT (a whopping 85 kilos) and if I'll ever achieve my goal again, which is 72 kilos. At present, I eat an average of 2 cups of rice per meal, with Mountain Dew (my favorite) or Sparkle (only because of the subtle resemblance of taste and color), and the very smart choices of viands for each meal (1/2 of each, bicol express and tapa, from the amazing Parduch!).

Not to mention my "i don't feel like working out" moments, especially boxing sessions. BOXING!?! Me don't want boxing? No, that is not true. I'm just morphing into an entirely new version of a slob, and I hate it. But i can't get off my butt and do something about it.

So for tonight, I did.
Did what?
Did something about it.

Small victories are very important. That's what great people say. That great success comes from an accumulated number of small victories.

So I helped my father cook up tuna with cabbage, coupled with boiled eggs. That took 20 mins to cook (for the boiled egg) and a few minutes for the tuna veggie.

I ate it all up for about 2 minutes. And after that couple of minutes, I felt a feeling of victory, a small one but it will definitely build up.

I'll even throw in a small fist pump to commemorate the wonderful event that took place tonight.

In all things, persevere,
(and I kid you not)

Anthony Verrick Dones

No comments:

Post a Comment