Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

The ROACH and Jump Rope




I was just thinking of how I can input more "fitness time" into my schedule. A schedule which includes staying up, checking my FB account, blogger, reading manga, and listening to audiobooks (yes, I know, dovetailing does not exist).

I came across an article featuring Freddie Roach (Who's this guy again? LOL) and he was asked to share a simple routine that people can follow.

The most intriguing part (well, for me) is the warm up part and the way he keeps mentioning what Pacquiao does during his training (well, because he has an upcoming fight- for sure).

The routine goes like this;

1. WARM-UP. Stretch for 15 minutes.
2. JUMP ROPE. 10 minutes without a break. It's equivalent to 30 minutes of jogging.
The good thing about your jump rope is that you can take it anywhere, need a small space but still enjoy the benefits of a full 30 minute (jogging) exercise. Talk about making the most of your time.
3. HEAVY BAG. Do three three-minute rounds with a minute rest in between rounds. He mentioned that Pacman does the heavy bag rounds WITHOUT between round rest.
At Red Gloves Boxing Gym, I do a series of combinations or what specific combination coach tells me to do. Most of the time, I do double jab-straight, R-upper L-hook Straight, Jab slip R-upper L-hook Straight followed by one-two combination. (I'll follow up with videos for the combinations).
4. SPEED BAG. Do ten minutes without break. What I do at the gym for speed bag are combinations with count (I'll put a video in for this) for two 3-minute rounds with 1 minute break.
5. SIT UPs (the best part). The Roach said four sets of 25. But to make it more challenging, you can hold weights to your chest. He mentioned that Pacman 1,000 sit ups with 25-pound plate (ouch) TWICE a day. At the gym, we do various crunches, 30 counts of each and believe me, they are so good, you WILL cry. (I did.)
6. JUMP ROPE (Yes, again. The reason why I feature this article). Do 5 minutes, its a warm down after a fun set of exercises.

So that's the routine I got from the one and only, Freddie Roach. Till the next feature.

Do you have a routine that you want to share?

In all things, persevere,

Anthony Verrick Dones
mobile: 09175481201
email: anthonyverrickdones@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment