Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

It doesn't happen OVERNIGHT!




Training today was FUN and extremely painful! I'm happy that I got to get back to working out again. I saw myself in the mirror yesterday and was amazed at how fat I got.

Getting fat does not happen overnight. Take not of that. It's an accumulated effort from your eating habits.

This applies to getting smarter, skilled and knowledgeable, heck, even becoming a superstar!

I'm very happy for them one-time big time hits! I will become of them too, I know it!

But for other things, especially your health, it ain't the same.

You have to work on keeping yourself healthy, mind and body and pocket.

So I've accepted it once again, if I wanted to reach my goal and keep it that way for 2011, I'd have to work on it.

Wait. No.

I'll enjoy the time I'll spend to get to that goal. Hours logged in training. Pain. Making faces. Crying like a baby. It's all worth it, because I'll get what I want. I know I did what had to be done and even more.

And that extra PUSH makes all the difference.

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw something that made me really happy. Sure, if you see me now, you'd be like, Wow! It's your summer vacation already? On this note, I'm not talking about me having the perfect beach body. It's more of being a perfect bum.

But that's not I saw, and mind you, we have different perspectives.

I saw a person who has experienced the pain of training, who knows the consequences of his actions and someone who knows exactly what he must do. But I can't do it without a team, mentors and fans (that's right!).

Getting fat, getting sexy, getting smart, getting to whatever you want or don't want to be.

It's an accumulation of events/choices/situations you can control. So do your part, just like how I do mine (aside from the large serving of spaghetti I had after a 3 hour workout).

What gives right? Well, I cut myself some more slack, and allow for some room for backslides. But more on that on my next post.

Till then, just remember, getting fit and healthy doesn't happen overnight!

In all things, persevere,

Anthony Verrick Dones

No comments:

Post a Comment