Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

No More Rice



I've decided to start the no rice diet. Well, since I'm a Filipino and rice has been a staple of my every meal, I've decided to abandon it totally. Believe me, ask around, everyone who knows me (even those who don't like the Karate Kid and Mang Inasal crew), are very much aware of my public affection and adoration for rice.

My relationship with rice since I was able to get to know it better was sort of a steady one. Like any other relationship, there are ups and downs, a lot of twist and turns. There were times when I got angry with rice, that I had to eat 6-8 cups of rice per meal (usually dinner time and yes, the Karate Kid crew got to know me a bit more- through my very subtle food consumption). There were times that I really loved rice that I'd still eat 6-8 cups of rice, in a more civilized and structured manner, sushi or (futo- my favorite) maki (which I'm still thinking if I'll stop eating also because, well, sushi or any kind of maki looks so great, you just have to pick that tiny piece of art and eat it).

The point of this post is to express how I really am one of the biggest fans of rice, more importantly, of consuming rice. This adoration for rice is exactly the reason why all of a sudden, I have to abandon it. Frankly, it sort of gets in the way of the whole point of this blog, like right now, while I'm making this post, I'm hungry (you won't like it when I'm hungry). I'd like to eat a whole lot of rice and fish right now, but I won't. I'll settle with fish and nuts (almonds) and that's it.

I really am serious with this dietary move. This also, in turn, pushes me to consume more fiber-rich foods and actually look for alternatives (potatoes, corn, carrots, sweet yams) for rice.

Do you share the same love for rice? Have you made the move of consuming alternatives instead of rice? Would you wish to share your experience?

In all things, persevere,

Anthony Verrick Dones
mobile: 09175481201
email: anthonyverrickdones@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment