Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

It can DEFINITELY be Done!


"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve"
-Napoleon Hill

I have long set a goal of achieving my most ideal weight, in kilograms, 72, in pounds, 158.4, in stones, ~12. I've already done the impossible (for me at one point in time), of dropping from 80 kilos to 74 kilos before a trip to CDO with my beloved friends. Ever since that time, I was SURE, that I am able to achieve this feat.

Right now, I'm 75 kilograms, and the activities that I do to be able to lose weight include boxing, ultimate frisbee, jogging and hitting the gym to lift weights. For some, this may be already difficult, for some, they might consider this still too easy if I wanted to get to 72 kilos.

Some people know that physical activity is only half the battle, that exercising vigorously is not enough. The other half of this task includes diet, proper sleep, and a mindset.

You can tire out your body, everyday or every other day (including a rest day in between workout sessions) but at the end of the day or probably the weekend break (guilty!), you let yourself loose again. That'll be the end of all your efforts for the WHOLE week. All that work for seven days, down the drain.

So the things that I'd like to point out is that exercise is only doing 50% of the task; the other things to do include;

-7-8 hours of sleep everyday
-8-10 glasses of water
-eating the right food, taking vitamins
-avoiding, literally, shunning all the food that you know are not good for you
-having the RIGHT mindset, constantly reminding yourself of what your goal really is

There will be times when you hit a speed bump, there will be a gazillion set backs, a ton of reasons for you to just drop all your efforts and go back to that happy person (eating what you want, sleeping whenever you) and just plainly, say it out loud, "I QUIT".

But my friend (yes, I am talking to you), the battle cannot be lost, time and time again, you have risen. Like a phoenix, revived from its ashes, you soar through the skies with your magnificent radiance!

Allow yourself to fail, push yourself to get back right up, and trudge along, the task may be monumental but it can DEFINITELY be DONE.

In all things, persevere,

Anthony Verrick Dones

No comments:

Post a Comment